Archive for December, 2009
Diggin’ through an unholy amount of Christmas tune. Rare but fun when you fine one. Here’s one. Come along tomorrow night if you need more.
Pearl Bailey – Five Pound Box of Money
Last Saturdays radio show, including farfisa organ boom bap funk from Moonstar, tape saturated digidub from Tapes, unwonky uplifting electronica from Mike Slott’s excellent new album, electro boogie synth pop from Nitejewl, new remixes of grime geezah Beezy and a couple from Terror Danjah (who’s joining us for the !kaboogie birthday do on January 15) and a leery rawkus to finish up.
- Claude Von Stroke – Warming up the bass machines
- Moonstar- Hav’em
- Tapes – Ticker tape
- Mike Slott- Gardening
- Matias Aguayo – Rollerskate
- Nitejewl- Want you back
- Little Jinder – Youthblood ( Bok Bok remix)
- Terror Danjah- Zumpi Hunter (Swindle remix)
- Beezy – A day in the Life (L-vis remix)
- Terror Danjah – Sidechain
- Eskmo – The Standpoint
- Backdraft –Headcharge(Eskmo remix)
- Headhunter- Sex at the prom
- Cooly g –Love dub refix
- Martin Kemp- No Charisma
- Beezy-Lost in Translation (Geenus remix)
- Instrumental – Forbidden
- Untold – Stop what your doing (James Blake remix)
- Robot Koch vs Cerebral Vortex-Soundboy
- Major lazer –Hold the line
- Prince kong feat Lady grew -Subdenta
- Kid 606 – Mash up the place
- The Pissed ups- Vacant
- Breakage /Rodney p – Run em out
- Eprom – the mixtape (excerpt)
Great, fun and original stuff from T-polar this budget week. With a timely cash register laden mash/remix of the theme from are you being served.
T-Polar – Is you being served?
He’s a diverse and productive producer.With lots of releases; a great ep on digital distortions – Little collosus, a remix of chrissy murder bot and an ep on wide, and in his sitezen guise an album on acroplane- slow grey nightmare – great brooding downtempo music. Vist his myspace or his page on discogs to get an idea of the extent of his work.
Here’s another good one from him, mixing up Green velvet and Missy Elliot.
T-Polar-Destination unknown vip
Playing the music of modernity (ie nothing after 1960) at the Odessa club from nine till late. 5€ in.
and here’s a 192 version-
Sydney Samon -Riverside (Breakage Remix)
via the ever on the money Scenexscience
Here’s a simple but effective (in effect not technique) mash of Dj Shadow’s ‘Stem’ done by Fog using his own beats.
Fog -Cast no Shadow