Archive for May, 2012
Two shows from the last couple of weeks
Artist Name Album Label
1. The Go! Team Ladyflash (Original Edit) 7″ MI
2. Spank Rock Sweet Talk (Radio Edit) 7″ Big Dadda
3. The Go! Team Huddle Flash (Kevin Shields v The Go! Team) 7″MI
4. Automatic tasty Genesis recurring na unreleased IRL
5. Lakker ED Arc Blueprint IRL
6. AOKI Takamasa – RN2-09 PT1 + PT2 RN Rhythm-Variations Raster Noton
7. Shackleton – Wish You Better Music For The Quiet Hour / The Drawbar Organ
8. Zomby Rumours and Revolutions Rumours and Revolutions ep Brainfeeder
9. JK Flesh Posthuman Posthuman 3by3
10. DJ SLIINK Emergency Emergency ep Body High
11. DJ SLIINK Vibrate Emergency ep Body High
12. Unicorn kid Boys of paradise na Free DL
13. Perfume ナチュラルに恋して Perfume
14. NHK’KoyxeÐ¸ URB: Burnin’ Up Mix // NHK’KoyxeÐ¸ Free Dl
15. Legion Of Two It Really Does Take Time Riffs Planet Mu
16. Eomac – Glideloops Zoltar EP Free Dl
17. Simple Kid Road na Free Dl
18. Rene Hell – E.S. Des Grauens in Fifths Terminal Symphony Type Recordings
Show stat!k 28/04/2012
artist song Album label
1. Position Normal The Blank Rum
2. Eomac – Burr Burr Free Dl
3. Howse $CRUB$ Undizputed
4. Mika Vanio Rasputin_3000
5. Howse Vbs Undizputed
6. NHKyx KOUHEI 701 mixtape excerpt Free DL
7. Salem Better Off Alone (Alec Empire/ATR Remix) Free Dl
8. KeyBoard Kid Blunts In The Night video games and blunts vol 1 bandcamp
9. Nicki Minaj Beez In The Trap (Feat. 2 Chainz) Cash Money Records
10. Baauer Harlem Shuffle
11. Swilde and Silkie Pineapple Unlimited ep
12. Durrty Goodz Switching Songs Part 2 [Full] Free Dl
13. Twoc Logans run pt1 Logan Systems ep Alphabet set
14. Actress Marble Plexus R.I.P. Werk
15. Twoc Logans run pt2 Logan Systems ep Alphabet set
16. Die Werk Piloten New Arrangement german punk and wave1978-1984 Vinyl on demand
ZEROLEX – ‘Javel’ (SORG Remix) (from Zerolex bandcamp site).
SERT ONE – ‘They Call’ (from Sert One soundcloud site). IRE
AZEALIA BANKS – ‘Fuck Up The Fun’ (from Azealia Banks soundcloud site).
DEATH GRIPS – ‘Fever Aye Aye’ (from Death Grips soundcloud site).
BATTLES – ‘Rolls Bayce’ (HUDSON MOHAWKE Remix) (from ‘Dross Glop’ on Warp Records).
ACTION BRONSON – ‘Hookers At The Point’ (from ‘Blue Chips Mixtape’ on Action Bronson site).
ACTION BRONSON – ‘Brunch’ (from ‘Dr. Lecter’ – self-released).
ACTION BRONSON – ‘Buddy Guy’ (from ‘Dr. Lecter’ – self-released).
NEXTMEN – ‘Blood Fire’ (from ‘Blood Fire’ on Sanctuary Records).
NEXTMEN – ‘So Many Girls’ (from ‘Join The Dots’ on Sanctuary Records).
BLACKSTREET – ‘No Diggity’ (Re-Flex Bootleg) (unreleased).
On the bill with NHKyx , 19th of May 2012.
Looking forward to this at the weekend. stat!k – A new series of gigs focusing on experimental/cutting music, film, visuals and reactive/generative processes. Don’t miss it.
!Kaboogie is pleased to present NHKyx, aka Kouhei Matsunaga.
Born in Osaka, he is a musician and drawing artist. He divides his time between Osaka and Berlin. He started drawing during childhood under the influence of his grandfather. He grew up listening to hardcore-techno and hiphop, studied architecture and has been making music since 1992.
His first album “Upside Down” was released by Mille Plateaux (Germany) in 1998. He has also Collaborated with Merzbow, Sensational, Autechre’s Sean Booth, Mika Vainio, Conrad Schnitzler, Anti pop consortium High Priest, Puppetmastaz crew, sensational (ex jungle brothers), Asmus Tietchens etc.
His music appears on Raster Noton, PAN, Skam, Important records, Wordsound etc. Since 2002, he also runs his own Flying Swimming label for publishing experimental contemporary music and art.
During his live set in Dublin he will be running an audio reactive visual accompaniment to his music (audio reaction visual patch by paul seen, UK).
Legion of Two
With ‘ Against’ ’one of the best tracks on one of the records of the year – The CLOAKS remix album ‘Versions Grain’ ( Feat. Devilman , JK flesh [Justin Broderick ex Napalm Death, Godflesh] , Deadbeat, Cloaks and more )and their remix of Hands Up Who Wants Do Die’s ‘Sailor’ and their album Riffs on Planet Mu, Legion of Two are a serious force in Irish Music .
The company they keep on that Cloaks record gives a good idea of what to expect from Alan O’Boyle(Decal) and drummer David Lacey. They bring to mind the grindcore/ metal/industrial music of Godflesh, Laibach and others from the early days of dance music while also feeling completely current. With heavy, head nodding riddim n’ bass lines and industrial textures they deserve the term post dubstep in way that many don’t. A Mary Anne Hobbs favourite whose debut album Riffs was released by Planet Mu in 2009. Alan from the band describes it as “industrial hip-hop or something”, which sounds about right to us – it has their usual blend of skull-crushing bass, hypnotic drumming and lashings of atmosphere…. Superb.
An interview from State magazine here
A stream of their recent hands-up-who-wants-to-die remix. here
(scroll down to hear them in the mix in a show featuring lots of said Cloaks remix album)
METACHAOS by Alessandro Bavari
Also on the night, a showing of the short film – METACHAOS by Alessandro Bavari which won the 2011 Golden Nica at Prix Ars Electronica, Austria.
Alessandro Bavari’s “Metachaos” is an impressive display of the amazing graphics that can be produced with leading-edge hardware and software. The 8-minute clip begins with a sequence of clear, geometric forms that suggest a serene world. But it doesn’t take long until it’s apparent that this was just the calm before the storm. Shadowy creatures and shockingly grotesque figures intrude into this domain rendered in black & white and sepia tones and rip it to pieces. Using the interplay of light and shadow, intentionally shaky camera movements and quick cuts, Bavari takes us on a tour de force through an unsettling imaginary cosmos that grips viewers and doesn’t let them loose. In addition to its extraordinary visuals, “Metachaos” features an impressive composed soundscape of incredibly concentrated intensity—noise elements paired with driving beats, panic-stricken screams, the rattling of bones and gale-force winds.